Roska DBO Inc. is looking for a Projects Mechanical Field Technician for our busy customer based in Red Deer, Alberta. This position will report to the Service Manager, the role of the Field Technician includes, but is not limited to operating a field service truck to complete day-to-day field maintenance services, complete warranty repairs in addition to troubleshooting equipment performance issues and perform over hauls on natural gas equipment including engines, compressors, power generation, and other related equipment at customer site locations. These positions will be starting in the next couple months as projects start.
Principle Responsibilities and Duties
- Working on medium to large stationary natural gas equipment: including but not limited to, engines, reciprocating / screw compressors, pumps, valves, coolers, panels, generator packages, and related machinery.
- Performing all aspects of repairs and overhauls within established time guidelines.
- Troubleshoot machinery / equipment malfunctions using high attention to detail and experience to solution the problem.
- Maintain and develop positive professional relationships with existing and potential internal and external customers.
- Participate in internal and external training courses as an opportunity for career growth and development.
- Be available to participate in on call rotation for after hour calls as required.
- Perform all work in a safe manner and in accordance with the company HSE policies.
- Minimum 3 years’ field service work experience.
- Valid Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic, Industrial Truck, Electrical Mechanic, Instrumentation, Power System, Natural Gas Compression, or Millwright Certificate. Dual tickets will be given preference.
- Must have service truck with all required service tools.
- Valid driver’s license with the ability and willingness to drive long distances.
- Possess a well-rounded knowledge of engine, generator, and compressor performance and operations; experience with Arial, Jenbacher, Waukesha, and Cat considered an asset.
- High voltage, non-diesel generator, automation and controls, or PLC control experience considered an asset.
- Ability to use computer technology and SAP experience is considered an asset.
- Self-motivated team player with strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Clean drivers abstract must be provided at time of hire.
- Ability to pass pre-hire drug and alcohol screening.
We thank all applicants in advance for your interest in Roska DBO Inc.
, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Roska DBO Inc. is a customer-focused operations company with a 20+ year’s track record offering expertise in production and equipment solutions on well sites and facilities. Based in Grande Prairie, Alberta, with a network of locations, Roska serves all of western and northern Canada, plus selected U.S. and international markets, with a primary focus on the Alberta/ B.C. region.
In addition to fulfilling the contract operating needs of oil and gas producing, midstream and pipeline companies, Roska Designs, Builds and Operates well-site facilities, rents equipment and provides Production Testing and flowback services using a company-owned well testing fleet. When you join the Roska Team, the sky is the limit!