Journeyman and 3rd Year Apprentice Welders
Operate a company provided portable welding rig in field and shop locations.
- Maintain and perform repairs on welding equipment
- Examine welds to ensure that they meet standard / specifications
- Complete work for custom fabrication and structural construction
- Follow all assigned drawings and instructions
- Conduct all work in a safe and orderly manner
- Working knowledge of all welding processes including GMAW, SMAW, MCAW, FCAW
- Proven experience with fabrication equipment and various other tools/equipment: hand tools, shears, drill press, pedestal grinders
- Mechanical aptitude
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Understand and apply relevant math calculations
- Ability to read and interpret welding blueprints, designs, and welding process specifications
- Attention to detail
- Valid Interprovincial Journeyman Welding Certificate or Blue Book Program for Apprentices required
- Fabrication experience an asset
- Valid CWB tickets
- B Pressure Certificate an asset
- Industry standard safety certifications (First Aid, H2S)
- Exceptional oral and written English
Torque Industrial Ltd.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and pre-access drug and alcohol screening and background checks
- Must possess a clean driver’s abstract
- Physically fit (may have to pass fitness test)
- Must reside in the Grande Prairie, AB region
is a customer-focused company offering expertise in welding, pipefitting, millwright, etc. and is one of the best-rounded construction and maintenance companies. Based in Grande Prairie, Alberta, servicing clients throughout Alberta and BC supporting the energy and oil & gas industries in Western Canada.
We thank all applicants in advance for your interest in Torque Industrial Ltd. and this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.