Our customer, a major oil and gas company, is currently looking for a Plant Operator for their busy facility. The successful candidate will hold a minimum of 7 years Plant Operations experience, preferably in SAGD. This position is based out of Fort McMurray, Alberta. The work schedule is 14 days on and 14 days off. This is a fly in and fly out position.
• Responsibly and consistently monitors and operates the plant through a control room.
• Conducts surveillance of operating equipment and critical parameters, while keeping accurate operations logs.
• May prepare equipment for maintenance and perform maintenance and preventative inspections.
• Identifies improvement opportunities and work with others to implement changes.
• Supports and complies with the policies, goals, efforts, and Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Management System.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience
• 7+ years of experience; provides more technical support than administrative support.
• Typically viewed as a technical/functional specialist in discipline.
• Ability to apply extensive knowledge and experience to a wide variety of situations.
• Recommends solutions to complex problems.
• Performs major accountabilities.
• Typically acts as a lead in the technical/functional area, coordinating the work of others, but is not a supervisor
• 2nd, 3rd or 4th Class Steam ticket an asset
• Prior experience working in a large O&G Plant preferred; preference given to experience in oil sands
Candidates may be subject to pre-employment screening including drug and alcohol screening and background checks.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with Roska DBO Inc. However only those selected, will be contacted for an interview.
Roska DBO Inc. is a customer-focused operations company with a more than 25-year track record offering expertise in production and equipment solutions on well sites and facilities. Based in Grande Prairie, Alberta, with a network of locations, Roska serves all of western and northern Canada, plus selected U.S. and international markets, with a primary focus on the Alberta/ B.C. region.
Our Workforce Solutions group works with customers across western Canada to recruit qualified candidates for assignments ranging from emergency callouts to longer term contingent workforce solutions. Our customers rely on us for operational staff, including plant/field operators, turnaround staff, administration and camp support staff.
In addition to fulfilling the operating needs of oil and gas producing, midstream and pipeline companies, Roska operates, designs and builds well-site facilities, rents equipment and provides production testing and flowback services using a company-owned well testing fleet. When you join the Roska team, the sky is the limit!