Our client, a large oil and gas company, has an immediate opening for a Contract Administrator.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the post award administration activities required to ensure contractors perform in accordance to their contract (“Agreement”) requirements. Additionally, the administrator will have a clear understanding of the Agreement to ensure that all requirements are met. This requires communication and coordination with all members of the PMT. It is also expected to perform some required pre-contract functions ranging from the processes of pre-qualification, RFQ/RFP preparation and issuance including clarification and finalization, post-bid evaluation to award recommendation, compilation, and issuance.
This is a full-time fly in and fly out position based at our customers site location near Fort McMurray. Work schedule expected to be a 4 on 3 off (10 hour days), or a 5 on 2 off , (8 hour days). Start date asap.
B. Change Orders and Claims
- Being familiar with Client’s requirements under the Agreement and advising the PMT accordingly.
- Interpreting the Agreement for PMT personnel.
- Being familiar with Contractor’s work activities and progress.
- Ensuring receipt of Contractor’s submittals such as insurance certificates, project execution plans, updated financial instruments and all other submittals required to comply with the Agreement.
C. Back Charges
- Participating in the weekly Project Controls’ Trend review meeting.
- Evaluating Change Requests to determine if a Change Order is justified and that the value of the Change Order is appropriate (this means ensuring the right people have evaluated the quantities, costs and total value of the Change Order, or when appropriate, self-performing this work).
- Creating Change Orders documents and getting them approved and executed.
- Inputting Change Orders into E1 and Upside computer systems.
- Reviewing, evaluating and participating in resolution of Contractor’s claims.
- The Contract Administrator’s responsibilities in the Change Orders workflow is identified in the attached document entitled “Construction Change Order Interface”.
D. Meetings and Communications
- Initiating the back-charge process by generating the back-charge notice to Contractor. All back-charge notices are inclusive of an estimated cost to complete the work.
- Obtaining Contractor’s agreement to the back-charge amount and work to be undertaken by either Contractor or Client
- Upon completion of the back-charge work, capturing all costs associated with the back-charge and completing the back-charge notice.
- Negotiating the final back-charge amount with Contractor and issuing a negative change order to close the process
E. Record Keeping and System Maintenance
- To be the point of contact between the Contractor and PMT for commercial matters relating to the Agreement.
- To be copied in all formal correspondence between the Project Manager and Contractor.
- Creating formal letters of correspondence to Contractor.
- Ensuring formal correspondence is answered within the time frame specified in the Agreement.
- Participating in the Kick-Off Meeting and taking and distributing the minutes; (chairing the meeting and preparing the agenda will be responsibility of the contract formation Supply Management Professional).
- Ensuring that Pre-Conference Job meeting takes place prior to mobilization to Horizon.
- Chair the weekly progress meeting and ensure minutes of meetings are approved and issued to the PMT.
- Creating, receiving and filing communications with Contractor relating to change requests, change orders, back charges and formal notices.
- Maintaining logs for Trends, Change Requests, Modification Notices, Change Orders, invoices, and formal letters of correspondence
- Setting up and maintaining contract files – both in electronic and hard copy.
- For reimbursable Work, maintain a hard copy file of LEMS.
- Note: LEMS should be approved daily by the Construction Manager or designate.
G. Contract Close-Out
- Verifying invoices for accuracy
- Participating in the review of the progress certificate prior to issue of an invoice.
- Ensuring proper back-up is included with each invoice.
- Ensuring invoices are submitted in accordance with the Agreement.
- Working with Accounts Payable and the PMT to expedite payment of invoices.
- Resolving disputes regarding invoiced amounts and short payments made by
- Ensuring that all conditions required for the release of a holdback taken in accordance with the Builders’ Lien Act (Alberta) have been met prior to release of the holdback amount. This includes ensuring all required documentation has been received and that the Release of Holdback Checklist has been completed and approved (see sections 8 and 10.18 of this manual).
- Closing out Agreements including finalizing outstanding issues, invoices, and Contractor’s performance evaluation. Close-outs are to be done in accordance with the close-out procedure and documents on the R drive.
- 10 years in administration with contract formation in oil and gas experience will be given preference
- Project background
- Understanding of contracts
- Capable of all administrative support
- Thrive in a busy and fast-paced environment
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Can work independently or in a team
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test
We thank all applicants in advance for your interest in Roska DBO Inc.
, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Roska DBO Inc. is a customer-focused operations company with a 25 year track record offering expertise in production and equipment solutions on well sites and facilities. Based in Grande Prairie, Alberta, with a network of locations, Roska serves all of western and northern Canada, plus selected U.S. and international markets, with a primary focus on the Alberta/ B.C. region.
In addition to fulfilling the contract operating needs of oil and gas producing, midstream and pipeline companies, Roska Designs, Builds and Operates well-site facilities, rents equipment and provides Production Testing and flowback services using a company-owned well testing fleet. When you join the Roska Team, the sky is the limit!