Our client, a large oil and gas company, is looking for an Intermediate Cost Estimator & Risk Specialist. This position is accountable for developing cost estimating deliverables for a wide range of projects at various levels for the Capital Projects department. This position is part of the Project Services team and will functionally report to the Risk & Estimating Team Lead. This is a Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day schedule with Wednesdays and Fridays being optional work-from-home days.
• Prepares and reviews detailed TIC estimates using different techniques such as, conceptual, factored and quantity based.
• Facilitates the Risk Register sessions to develop project integrated Risk Registers.
• Facilitates the quantitative risk analysis (QRA) sessions to collect the required information for the risk analysis.
• Performs schedule risk analysis as required, using the Acumen Risk tool.
• Performs cost risk analysis as required
• Prepares the Contingency Breakdown Report (CBR) with the results of the risk analysis
• Participates in the projects Gate Assurance process by developing and supporting multiple deliverables, including (but not limited to) estimates, estimate basis documents, manpower histograms, risk analysis basis documents, benchmarking reports and closing of assurance findings.
• Participates in evaluation of contractor(s) estimating capability
• Supports the bids evaluation process by performing cost validation and equalization
• Establishes proper cost estimate methodology & documentation
• Identifies cost estimate deliverables and comply with delivery dates
• Sets contingency according to procedure
• Reviews estimates with major contractors and sets the guidelines that the contractors use in producing estimates
• Coordinate with construction, supply chain, site services and operations teams to obtain their inputs and endorsement for the relevant sections of the TIC estimate.
• Prepares the Basis of Risk Analysis document when applicable.
• File all Estimating & Risk information in the corresponding repository
• Assist in the development of staffing plans and indirects estimates with coordination with the discipline and execution managers.
• Supports the creation and maintenance of the Canada Capital Projects estimating database
• Supports the projects close-out process by preparing analysis reports comparing initial estimates to final project costs
• Supports the change management process by providing guidance on budget breakdown and contingency usage
• Degree or Technical Certificate, or equivalent work experience.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in the cost estimating of heavy industrial projects, preferably in the Oil & Gas field.
• Working knowledge of all phases of large/complex industrial projects from conception to completion.
• Proficiency with Microsoft O365 applications: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, MSTeams and Word.
• Basic knowledge of EPC/M practices and related impacts on cost
• Solid knowledge of estimating norms for industrial projects in Northern Alberta and Northern BC.
• Willing and able to travel 10% of the time on a yearly basis, if required
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• 3 to 5 years of experience in risk management and analysis
• Knowledge of the different types of contracts and how they apply to the budgeting of projects (unit rate, cost reimbursable, lump sum).
• Ability to assertively discuss estimate quality with management
• Collaborative interpersonal communication style
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Basic knowledge of risk analysis and risk management methods
• Builds effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
• Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
Candidates may be subject to pre-employment screening including drug and alcohol screening and background checks.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with Roska DBO Inc. However only those selected, will be contacted for an interview.
Roska DBO Inc. is a customer-focused operations company with a more than 25-year track record offering expertise in production and equipment solutions on well sites and facilities. Based in Grande Prairie, Alberta, with a network of locations, Roska serves all of western and northern Canada, plus selected U.S. and international markets, with a primary focus on the Alberta/ B.C. region.
Our Workforce Solutions group works with customers across western Canada to recruit qualified candidates for assignments ranging from emergency callouts to longer term contingent workforce solutions. Our customers rely on us for operational staff, including plant/field operators, turnaround staff, administration and camp support staff.
In addition to fulfilling the operating needs of oil and gas producing, midstream and pipeline companies, Roska operates, designs and builds well-site facilities, rents equipment and provides production testing and flowback services using a company-owned well testing fleet. When you join the Roska team, the sky is the limit!