Our client, a large oil and gas company, is looking for a Construction Scheduler to join their busy team. The Construction Scheduler is accountable for the construction portfolio, supporting 2 of the client's major assets. This position provides support to the construction management team (CMT), the project controls lead and the project services manager. Main deliverables include schedule development, progress, forecasting and reporting in accordance with the project controls plans and procedures. This role will be site based commencing in 2023 on a 14/14 schedule alternating between the 2 assets. The initial 6-8 weeks will be Calgary based for training purposes; 5 days per week, 8 hr days.
The scheduler will apply their expert knowledge in the planning of industrial projects to ensure schedules integrity, forecasts and resources and updates are implemented in accordance with project controls principles utilized within the organization.
The successful candidate will have extensive hands-on knowledge of Primavera P6 software, site experience, and managing multiple schedules. This experience should span a range of projects with differing size and complexity.
This position will interact closely with other entities such as contractors, suppliers, vendors and subcontractors and coordinates between multiple stakeholders, including but not limited to Plant Operations & Maintenance, Drilling & Completions, Engineering, Quality Management, Construction Management, Project Management, Project Controls, Contracts Administration, Procurement, Expediting, Transportation, and Logistics.
• Develop/Maintain schedules with adequate details and multiple levels to effectively control projects and report on progress to CMT.
• P6 activities, logic and associated resources are continuously updated in a timely manner (weekly/monthly).
• Maintain internal and external links of all schedules and are properly integrated with other functions (Engineering, Drilling, Completion, Construction, CSU, Operations, etc.)
• Properly cods schedule activities to allow for the rolling-up into the 28, 90, 120 days plans.
• Collaborate with the Company/Contractors to establish baselines, progress charts and histograms for safe successful execution.
• Ability to communicate changes to various stakeholders and recommend mitigations as needed.
• Track and analyze Contractors’ schedules, notify project managers of unapproved deviations/delays impacting projects completion.
• Attend contractors’ meetings, discuss concerns and overall project(s) strategies and expectations.
• Review 3 weeks resource lookaheads with the construction team, modify plans as needed to reflect changes as discussed.
• Support site project control reports, KPIs, dashboards and ad-hoc reporting on a weekly basis.
• Assist in the development of procedures and guidelines to continually improve the scheduling processes.
• Effective communication with the multiple projects’ stakeholders to build and foster collaborative relationships.
• Work closely with the Project Services team to develop integrated progress, schedule and cost reports.
• Other duties as required and directed by the Project Controls Leads and/or the Project Services Manager.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in planning and scheduling of capital projects in the Oil & Gas industry.
• Minimum 3 years construction field experience.
• Proficient in the use of Primavera P6 and MS Office suite.
• Understanding of the Earned Value principles and how they apply to progress and forecasting of schedule activities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail, high level of accuracy and high sense of responsibility.
• Knowledge in the use of SiteView or SAP will be considered as an asset.
• Preferably have a technical degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
• PMP Certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Requirements
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and meet tight deadlines.
• Strong technical, interpersonal and team working skills.
• Demonstrated analytical skills.
• Efficiently prioritize work to meet deadlines.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada on a regular full-time basis without restrictions and be willing to undergo pre-employment screening including criminal background checks.
We thank all applicants in advance for your interest in Roska DBO Inc., only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Roska DBO Inc. is a customer-focused operations company with a 25-year track record offering expertise in production and equipment solutions on well sites and facilities. Based in Grande Prairie, Alberta, with a network of locations, Roska serves all western and northern Canada, plus selected U.S. and international markets, with a primary focus on the Alberta/ B.C. region.
Our Workforce Solutions Group works with customers across western Canada to recruit qualified candidates for assignments ranging from emergency callouts to longer term contingent workforce solutions. Our customers rely on us for operational staff, including plant/field operators, turnaround staff, administration and camp support staff.
In addition to fulfilling the contract operating needs of oil and gas producing, midstream and pipeline companies, Roska Designs, Builds and Operates well-site facilities, rents equipment and provides Production Testing and flowback services using a company-owned well testing fleet. When you join the Roska Team, the sky is the limit!