Our customer, a major oil and gas producer, is looking for an Automation Engineer to support their Montney Operations team. This position will be based out of Fort St John on a Monday to Friday schedule. Candidates from the area are encouraged to apply.
- Plant & well site control system infrastructure management
- System Maintenance and break fix response
- Plant & well site control system Hardware & Software management
- Manage system software licensing, software migration, and system recovery management
- Provide input to process control network topology and architecture design, specification, configuration, testing, start-up, and system support
- Assist with virus and control system application & operating system patching
- Manage the site automation disaster recovery plan
- Maintain software applications on the control network
- Perform Control systems hardware and software maintenance/upgrades
- Review, test, and deploy migrations to the DCS Systems
- Plant & well site control system Administration
- Control Network Administrator
- Manage System Security
- Manage user logon profiles
- Assist with Firewall & Fibre network administration
- Operations trouble shooting support for day to day plant & well site control system issues
- Perform Control system configuration in support of the Applications Engineering team
- Including Regulatory Control, Advanced Regulatory Control, Graphics and Alarm management
- Work in collaboration with the Calgary Applications team in support of capital projects
- Maintain System documentation in accordance with engineering deliverables and team procedures
- Manage contractors working on automation assets
- Knowledge of continuous & process control, discrete/ sequential control, distributed control systems, programmable logic controllers.
- Knowledge of computer system administration
- Knowledge of SCADA systems and data historians
- Programming experience, C/C++, VB, IEC- 61131 five industry standard programming language
- Interpretation of critical documents such as P&ID, shutdown key, electrical drawings, datasheets, instrument index, control system database
- Experience with:
- Honeywell Experion PKS DCS & SIS C300/S300 Controllers, Pi Historian
- RTUs including but not limited to Bristol Babcock Controlwave Micro, Flowboss, SCADAPack, and Fisher ROC.
- Rockwell Control Logix PLC, Factory Talk and PanelView HMI
- GE 90-30 PLCs
- ControlNet, DeviceNet, and Fault Tolerant Ethernet industrial communication networks.
- Licensed frequency radio communications systems
- ISA CAP and Cisco CCNA Certifications a plus
- Microsoft workstation and server OS, networked systems, and Fibre optics
**A criminal record check will be required and is a condition of employment.**
- Based in or near Fort St. John
- Monday to Friday, 8 hours a day work schedule
- Completion of a technologist Diploma, in an instrumentation / computer science related field, or BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or an equivalent discipline
- 8+ years of related industry experience, preferably in gas processing facilities and well sites/pads
- Demonstrated knowledge of industrial safe work practices and standards.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with Roska DBO Inc. However only those selected, will be contacted for an interview.
Roska DBO Inc. is a customer-focused operations company with a more than 20-year track record offering expertise in production and equipment solutions on well sites and facilities. Based in Grande Prairie, Alberta, with a network of locations, Roska serves all of western and northern Canada, plus selected U.S. and international markets, with a primary focus on the Alberta/ B.C. region.
Our Staffing Services group works with customers across western Canada to recruit qualified candidates for assignments ranging from emergency callouts to longer term contingent workforce solutions. Our customers rely on us for operational staff, including plant/field operators, turnaround staff, administration and camp support staff.
In addition to fulfilling the operating needs of oil and gas producing, midstream and pipeline companies, Roska operates, designs and builds well-site facilities, rents equipment and provides production testing and flowback services using a company-owned well testing fleet. When you join the Roska team, the sky is the limit!