We are looking for a Heavy Equipment Operator to fill an immediate opening; this is a seasonal position as it is project based. The Heavy Equipment Operator (mainline hoe) will be responsible for a variety of excavation duties related to water and sewer trenching, ditching and varied excavation tasks.
- Operate heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life
- Operate equipment according to all relevant legislation, policies and procedures
- Perform daily equipment safety and maintenance checks
- Record Keeping (equipment and maintenance inspections)
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required
- Ensure heavy equipment is securely stored
- Advise the onsite supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Maintain inventory for equipment (I.e. track shovel, grease gun, oils and lubricants)
- Maintain excavation to that of the client and supervisors expectations
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as in a group, self-driven
- Follow the approved plan to design and construct project
- Valid driver’s license and clean abstract
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a mainline hoe operator an asset
- Current Standard First Aid, Confined Space, Ground Disturbance, H2S and WHMIS training certificates will be considered an asset
- Candidates should live in or within close proximity to Peace River
- The Company does not cover housing assistance or relocation expenses
- This position is identified as safety sensitive
- Overtime, out of town and extended working hours will be required
- Work conducted outdoors in diverse weather and ground conditions
- Seasonal Position
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with Roska DBO and this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Roska DBO Inc. is a customer-focused operations company with a 20+ year’s track record offering expertise in production and equipment solutions on well sites and facilities. Based in Grande Prairie, Alberta, with a network of locations, Roska serves all of western and northern Canada, plus selected U.S. and international markets, with a primary focus on the Alberta/ B.C. region.
In addition to fulfilling the contract operating needs of oil and gas producing, midstream and pipeline companies, Roska Designs, Builds and Operates well-site facilities, rents equipment and provides Production Testing and flowback services using a company-owned well testing fleet. When you join the Roska Team, the sky is the limit!