Roska DBO Inc. has an opening for a Pipeline Supervisor. The successful candidate will have completed 2-4 years Post-Secondary education in Geomatics Engineering Technology/ Survey related program, or equivalent, combined with 5+ years of Pipeline Field Supervision experience. This is a full-time position.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Initiate and support client communication ensuring all issues are dealt with in a timely manner, escalating as needed, and continuing to build and support new and ongoing relationships
- Defining the scope of various projects
- Assisting with budgeting and cost control activities
- Providing internal and external status updates
- Ensuring invoicing and WIP reporting for each client and project are both timely, accurate and in alignment with the project and progress
- Liaise with Field Crews to ensure projects and field resources are aligned
- Prepare packages, survey instructions and client information (where applicable) for Field Crew work assignment
- Provide technical support for Field Crews where the Field Manager is unable to answer job specific questions/concerns
- Review daily time activities and In Scope/ Out of Scope activities
- Oversee data processing as required, and review completed field work to ensure the quality and scope of the survey is in alignment with company standards
- Support ongoing process improvement for company pipeline survey standards and procedures, providing regular feedback to the Field Crew managers, supporting their role in survey quality and employee training
- Support CAD and Mapping teams outlining deadlines, deliverables, and job specific requirements/context
- Quality Assurance, Project Data management and Oversight / plan checking
- Provide timelines, and participate in the assignment of drafting for optimization of CAD Operator skills sets
- File preparation, hard copy file content validation and virtual file validation associated with daily file management and preparation for archiving
- Job set up tracking/coordination
- Conducting field and laboratory testing of aggregate, soils, concrete and/or asphalt
- Preference will be given to those with 2-4 years completed Post-Secondary Geomatics Engineering Technology/Survey related program or equivalent
- 5+ years of Pipeline Field Supervision experience
- Complete working knowledge of the Alberta and/or BC Land Surveyors Manual of Standard Practice is preferable
- Working knowledge of Trimble survey equipment and Trimble Business Centre software an asset
- Preference will be given to those who are experienced and/or proficient in their use and application of the following programs
- AutoCAD Civil
- Trimble Business Centre
- Leica Geo Office
- Industry related land title and mapping databases
- Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of CADD requirements and acceptable accuracy/tolerance levels
- Advanced knowledge and application of Division specific industry related legislation and regulations
- Good understanding of Division specific related government and non-government organizations (i.e. ALSA, LTO, AER, SRD etc.)
- Detail Oriented, and technically trained
- Analytic and decisive with a proven ability to prioritize and communicate key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve project goals
- Proven ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Strong time management and communication skills with a proven ability to effectively engage clients and contractors
We thank all applicants in advance for your interest in Roska DBO Inc.
, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Roska DBO Inc. is a customer-focused operations company with a 20+ year’s track record offering expertise in production and equipment solutions on well sites and facilities. Based in Grande Prairie, Alberta, with a network of locations, Roska serves all of western and northern Canada, plus selected U.S. and international markets, with a primary focus on the Alberta/ B.C. region.
In addition to fulfilling the contract operating needs of oil and gas producing, midstream and pipeline companies, Roska Designs, Builds and Operates well-site facilities, rents equipment and provides Production Testing and flowback services using a company-owned well testing fleet. When you join the Roska Team, the sky is the limit!