Roska DBO Inc. is seeking a Field Level Safety Specialist to strengthen the HSE culture with the ground level workforce by implementing and improving existing practices and processes. This job is based out of Grande Prairie. Some travel is expected to support remote work and post incident needs.
- Participate/assist in the development and implementation of various programs and systems to ensure that the principles of the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Management System are met including HSE policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines.
- Support all business units in post incident Drug & Alcohol testing.
- Support/Lead incident investigations and make recommendations on solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Coach other supervisory/management personnel on incident investigations
- Identify and participate in the development and delivery of appropriate HSE training for all personnel.
- Provide technical and regulatory assistance and advice to business units and personnel in regard to HSE.
- Assist with internal/external audits and develop, monitor, and track an action plan for recommendations.
- Attend Tailgate/toolbox meetings ensuring Tailgates are effective.
- Support strong FLHA development and hazard controls.
- Participate in facility inspections and worker job observations.
- Assist project Mangers with on site Risk assessments to aid in job planning.
- Assist in Emergency Response preparedness development and conduct training exercises.
- Ensure Safety Programs are up to date and current with work being performed.
- Support where needed for the Joint Health and Safety Committees.
- Plan, organize and participate in safety meetings.
- Support the process to review company Programs, Systems, Procedures and Standards and ensure they are updated as required.
- Monitor, track and evaluate HSE statistics to identify trends and make suggestions for appropriate action plans to mitigate problems.
- Keep abreast of emerging Health, Safety and Environment issues and information by participating in meetings, workshops, round tables, lunch and learns though out industry and communicate information back.
- Fill in for Loss Control Coordinator as required.
- Develop Site Specific safety plans and ERP’s for project work where required and participate in on site Safety Support.
- Assist with Contractor Management System maintenance.
- Assist with Client Data base System Management.
- Understanding of Loss Control/HSE principles and how to maximize value for the company and clients.
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple work activities and function within tight time schedules.
- Be competent in incident reporting and completing incident investigation’s
- Leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor other personnel.
- Demonstrated technical and administrative skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communications and presentation skills.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Industry experience in a trade relevant to Roska’s world
- Preferred 3 to 5 years Safety experience
- Exposure to and demonstrated commitment to HSE principles
- Hold a NCSO designation
- Safety Professional designation or recognized industry certification in a related discipline is preferred
- Standard First Aid, H2S Alive, WHMIS, TDG
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Class 5 Drivers License
We thank all applicants in advance for your interest in Roska DBO Inc.
, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Roska DBO Inc. is a customer-focused operations company with a 20+ year’s track record offering expertise in production and equipment solutions on well sites and facilities. Based in Grande Prairie, Alberta, with a network of locations, Roska serves all of western and northern Canada, plus selected U.S. and international markets, with a primary focus on the Alberta/ B.C. region.
In addition to fulfilling the contract operating needs of oil and gas producing, midstream and pipeline companies, Roska Designs, Builds and Operates well-site facilities, rents equipment and provides Production Testing and flowback services using a company-owned well testing fleet. When you join the Roska Team, the sky is the limit!