Our client a busy oil and gas producer is looking for a Logistics Analyst. This role works with the logistics team to safely and efficiently manage the logistics of rail product movements. The incumbent is responsible for the logistics operation, shipping and evaluations of rail car traffic information, preparation of appropriate Bill of Ladings (BOL) while ensuring appropriate product and description is released according to customer specification.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Understand and adhere to Corporate & Safety Management Systems Policies
- Actively support safety culture of "Zero by Choice" and the “Life Saving Rules”
- Identify rail car scheduling efficiencies and ability to explain and justify results to assist with maximizing the efficiency of the railyard.
- Maintaining, tracking and analyzing all inbound/outbound rail car traffic, including working closely with customers, contractors and service providers
- Report maintenance issues with Truck and Rail System (TARS)
- Support project initiatives as assigned
- Monitor CN Pipeline report
- Complete assigning tasks as required
- Complete reports for management, customers and service providers to streamline effective communication
- Update and maintain yard lists
- This is a rotational shift schedule that includes weekends and evenings.
- Be able to effectively plan and prioritize in a fast pace dynamic environment.
- Complete required Safety and Emergency Response training programs including ICS and other Core Training
- Participate as required within a Facility or Pipeline system emergency
- Comply with all applicable Safety Management Systems (SMS) Policies and Standards
- Comply with all applicable Environmental Management Systems (EMS) Policies and Standards
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) knowledge and valid certification
- Assist with assigning and billing of rail cars
- Support the updating and maintaining of current yard lists
- Complete all billing tasks are required
- Grade 12 high school diploma
- 3+ years experience of administrative employment experience
- Effective written and verbal communication including a proven ability to interface positively with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office and demonstrated aptitude working with other business-related computer programs and applications
- Experience in a logistics position
- Knowledge and understanding of the rail infrastructure and railway systems in North America
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with Roska DBO Inc. However only those selected, will be contacted for an interview.
Roska DBO Inc. is a customer-focused operations company with a more than 20-year track record offering expertise in production and equipment solutions on well sites and facilities. Based in Grande Prairie, Alberta, with a network of locations, Roska serves all of western and northern Canada, plus selected U.S. and international markets, with a primary focus on the Alberta/ B.C. region.
Our Staffing Services group works with customers across western Canada to recruit qualified candidates for assignments ranging from emergency callouts to longer term contingent workforce solutions. Our customers rely on us for operational staff, including plant/field operators, turnaround staff, administration and camp support staff.
In addition to fulfilling the operating needs of oil and gas producing, midstream and pipeline companies, Roska operates, designs and builds well-site facilities, rents equipment and provides production testing and flowback services using a company-owned well testing fleet. When you join the Roska